This is the season for thanks, so first let me thank you for reading with me each week! I love hearing from you about the books I’ve recommended. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
Due to the holiday, I’m releasing this today instead of Friday. I’ll post a little something for you on Friday too so I don’t mess up the little pattern on the dashboard. Each of those black squares are a Friday that I put up a post…plus one Saturday post. No, really in all seriousness, I want to share with you a new thing I’m doing on Instagram called #FirstPageFriday . I didn’t invent it but it looks fun so I’m jumping on this.
Like you, I love books and I am thankful for all kinds of book related things! Here are a few…
2. Paperback books: floppy easy to carry or stuff in a purse or bag.
3. Hardcover books: beautiful, absolute blissful beauty!
4. Ebooks: digital delightfulness!
5. Libraries & Librarians: which provide more than just books. Way more!
6. Libby: which makes it easy to check out books at midnight and any other hour of the day.
7. Amazon: which provides books I can buy and ship to my house when I don’t feel like peopling.
8. Independent Book Stores: who provide not just books but atmosphere and friendliness.
9. Audible: which allows me to “read” safely while on my long commute to work.
10. Hot beverages like coffee, tea, and cocoa to drink while I read my books.
11. Pillows, Blankets and Soft Furniture to snuggle up and read my books on.
12. Computers on which I can write books.
13. Sleepless nights in which I can get hours of uninterrupted reading time.
14. Author Visits: that encourage young readers to keep reading and dream of becoming authors themselves. Plus it’s fun to meet the authors and hear stories behind the stories.
15. Friends and family with whom I can discuss the ideas contained in the books we read.
I would add Pretty Bookmarks, but those are for quitters. LOL! In truth, 15 is a nice number, so I didn’t want to mess that up.